volunteer, Intern, Dietetic intern , -Remote /Available as a DI Preceptor: Yes Posted 9 months ago
I take up to 2 interns per year, each for 1-2 weeks (<20 hours/week) max. Interns can expect exposure to:
- Shadowing client sessions and discussing cases re: eating disorders and disordered eating
- Observing and learning counseling skills rooted in social justice and affirming care practices (weight neutral, LGBTQ+, etc.)
- Assessing personal biases to better understand how to be an effective nutrition counselor
- Learning about clinical supervision and growing your counseling skills
- Insider look at running a virtual private practice
If you want to apply to be an intern, please fill out this questionnaire.
If intern spots are full and you are interested in learning more about eating disorders and weight neutral care, I can provide a presentation to your internship group (or other groups)! This presentation is 1.5 hours long, hosted free of charge by EDRDpro, and covers:
- A detailed look at various eating disorders recognized by the DSM-5 (what to spot, diagnostic criteria, recommendations for care)
- Weight stigma, weight neutral care, and primer on Health At Every Size (HAES)
- A review of Intuitive Eating (what it is, how to use in practice)
You can find more information about me and my background here. Thank you!
Job Expectation : Intern must demonstrate excellent communication skills, a desire to learn and grow, and be able to manage time effectively. Intern must be informed on weight neutral and affirming care practices. No prior eating disorder experience needed, but humanity affirming care is not up for debate.
Posted By: Karlee Golightly MPP-D, RD, RYT